Thursday, June 19, 2008

My little Middle-weight!

Today was Zachary's 4 month check up! We were about a week behind but I wanted to delay it some while he still had his little cold. He did great! Doc thought everything looked just perfect and growing just as he should!


Weight- 16lbs 4oz- 75%
Height- 25 5/8in - 75%
Head- 17 1/8in- 80%

So we did a bit of growing this past 2 months and moved from the 50th-75th percentile! I asked about Zach's spitting up and it was decided that if he is growing (which he obviously is) and isn't upset when eating or when spitting up (which he isn't), that all is probably fine and he is just a spitter-upper!

We also got our vaccines again today. 3 in one leg and 2 in the other. Ouchie! He cried during the initial prick but was fine after that. Got home and ate and took a long conked out nap but woke up not a very happy camper! Some cuddling and a little Tylenol seems to have done the trick. Hopefully he will be back to himself tomorrow. All and all, a good doctor visit!
In other Zach news, we have had a few rough nights sleep over the last couple of weeks. Not every night, but even one a week is tough on this working mommy. We have our usual routine...bedtime is about anywhere from 730-9pm. Then we have a night bottle between 10-11pm. Most nights we sleep till 530-7am! These are good nights. Some nights, we wake up once, or should I say Mom wakes up. Z will be fussing but not totally awake. I will pop the paci in and fussing stops and back to dreamland without even opening his eyes. These are okay nights. But then there are nights like last night...I heard him a 1am, go in, he is awake. Pop the paci in and seems to go back to sleep.Then back up at 2am. Totally awake. Diaper feels a little heavy so I figure maybe its bothering him. Change it and rock to sleep...both of us. I wake up about 3 and go back to bed. About 4am he is up again! So this time I just settle into the recliner and we sleep until its time to get up at six. These are not good nights. I feel very zombie like for the early part of the day. UGH. Any suggestions???? He is not waking up to eat I am sure of that. This kid was STTN at about 6 weeks from 12am-6am without any wake-ups. What has changed?? I am open to advice! :-)
Zach's baptism is this weekend and I am so excited about that. I have some shopping to do but hopefully it can be accomplished tomorrow or Saturday!!

And last but not least...some pictures! Here are a couple of shots from the book club session! Happy 5 years ladies, its been a fun ride!!










7 comments:

  1. Quite a good eater there! Jude went from 50% to the 25%... but I guess that is common with BF'd babies, I dunno. Anyways, those photos of you and Zach are absolutely incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may seem a little early to you, but keep in your mind that teeth can come through any time. My kids started feeling them about 1-2 mths before the tooth actually arrived. Maybe he is starting to feel the tooth work its way up.

    LOVE the pictures of the book club. I feel it is a good time to start the next five years, with a new member ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pics! i say let his cry! is that horrible? how long does he fuss before you go in? maybe i am a harsh mom, but i am the let it cry school. but then again, i have not yet been faced with paige fussing in the middle of the night - if the child does one thing well, it is sleep. she must know her mommy wants to sleep. she gives me issues all day, but gets into bed about 8:30 and sleeps until about 7:30 or 8, so for now i don't complain! hang in there and he will be back to sleeping through the night in no time!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, Trust your instincts on this one. Has the temperature changed? If it has gotten hotter outside, is it hotter in your house? We live in an old house so I have to consider these things because our temps are as well-regulated as in a new house. Teething is also another good consideration mentioned by Kathi. It could also be that he is going through a growth spurt and he might need a bottle in the middle of the night or he is just uncomfortable. I know this may sound farfetched, but if you consider how much their body is growing in proportion it has been suggested by some that growth spurts are very uncomfortable for babies. Or, maybe he's just going through a stage. Use your mommy intuition and hang in there. Cherish the nights with him even though they are hard. Whenever I find myself getting frustrated with things like that (and it happens often when they're little), I remind myself how blessed I am to have a healthy baby, whereas some couples are unable to have children. I know it's an extreme thought, but with my state of mind at 2 a.m. while I'm holding a fussy baby, I need extreme thoughts to keep me patient. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great advice, theresa! i think i will steal that for me! don't worry, lee - he will be back to his sleeping ways before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love the pics!!

    Zach sounds so much like Drew, always gaining, always spitting up!! Drew finally outgrew it at about 6.5-7 months so there is an end in sight!!!

    And the 4 month sleep regression is pretty normal, is Zach working on new skills (like rolling), that will set things back for a bit but you will get your good sleeper back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pictures of you and Zach and the book club are so cute. Looks like you are having so much fun, I'm jealous!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html