Thursday, June 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

That's right folks, I am now officially in the 30s club. And all in all, it ain't too bad yet!

The morning started off with kolaches from one of my co-workers that went perfectly with the rare Starbucks I stopped for on the way to work. For lunch my trader took me to Churrasco's. YUM-O. And I got to finally catch up on all the goings on at work from when I was gone. When I returned to the office, I had an email notifying me that I had a delivery at the reception desk...pink roses from my darling hubs and son! :-) And in other odd present, work was the calmest it had been all week and Z Man had slept nicely through the night so I wasn't totally exhausted either.

The day continued to get even better. I left at a good time from work and had plenty of time to play with Zachary when I got home. While I was upstairs getting my comfy clothes on for the evening, I decided Zach needed some tummy time. So we were laying together cuddling and talking...and he got to his side....and then.....FLIPPED!! He rolled over! Now Zach did this like a month and a half ago but was clearly a fluke cause it hasn't happened again since. But tonight, I could see his little ticker going and he consciously wanted to roll over. To be sure of this, I tried it again....tummy....side....flip! My big boy! So of course I got the video camera out and he proceeded to do it a few more times! I am so impressed!! Dad thoroughly enjoyed watching the proof too and agreed he did roll over, it wasn't just gravity this time!
We ended our evening with pizza and wine and presents and a non-fussy, cuddling, sweet boy (that's Zach I'm talking about, ha!). What more could a woman want! If this is 30, I am liking it!

Thank you to everyone who sent me sweet birthday wishes via email, text, and the old fashioned phone. You all really made my day special!

(Going to try to figure out this whole video thing cause its pretty cute I think!!)

And just a few cute pics of my smiley boy on my birthday!


5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a wonderful day! it sounds like you did!!
    you forgot to mention that your day REALLY started with a nice text from your oldest friend ;)

    love you! welcome to the 30 club

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those smiles are too sweet!! Glad you had a great birthday! the 30 club ain't too bad....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics and GO ZACH!!! Won't be long now until he figures out how to roll the other way and then watch out!!

    And HAPPY BIRTHDAY again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a perfect b-day!!! zach is spoiling you with a full nights sleep AND a new trick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Here's wishing that 30 is your best decade yet.

    Figure out how to post a video, I wanna see the flip! (And then you can tell me how to do it.) :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html