Sunday, June 1, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!

Z Man had his first adventure at the Houston Zoo on Saturday! My company had a Family Day event so we decided to check it out. And I am glad we did! They did a great job of putting it together and I look forward to it again next year when Zachary will be a little more interested. It was a nice set up....tent with lunch, dj, magician, face painting, airbrush tattoos, raffle, and more! For an afternoon at the Zoo, we spent ZERO $$$ too which is always a plus! Even though Z slept through most of it, Matt and I quite enjoyed our "family time"...so thank you, BG!


Hanging out at the tent for some lunch and music before exploring the zoo!
Sunglasses on babies are ALWAYS a hit!
Daddy was making me giggle!
Ready to hit the zoo!
Monkey business!

A rare pic of mommy and daddy with Z!

Hakkunah Matata...what a beautiful word!

Baby Hadiah (a rare babirusa pig) and her mom...she is only 10 days old!

Willie the bear...we thought he was smarter than the average bear as he was beating the heat by chilling in his little river!

What's cuter than a momma and her baby! And when we walked around the exhibit...we ran into Holly and her boyfriend who were also enjoying a day at the zoo! What a nice surprise!And of course we had to get Zach out for some shots with the giraffes!

Even though he was sleeping, we know he enjoyed it!Tyra and her baby, Jack!

And why is there a dog at the Zoo, you ask??? He is there to guard and protect the cheetahs! They are lounging in the back if you can see them!

All in all a great day...I am looking forward to going back soon!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a blast!!! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun, and I can't believe how big Zach is getting!!

    And those sunglasses are super cool!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html