Monday, November 30, 2009

Feeling Scrappy....

As in scrapbooky! A few weeks ago, I bought this scrapbook kit called Project 365 by Becky Higgins. Basically, it is a kit to help you scrap book a whole year simply with the idea to take a picture a day...or even simpler, a picture a week. It contains paper, the book, and journal cards so you can just write a brief description of the picture and that's it! No need for fancy anything (unless you want to doll it up) and you will end up with a chronicle of your year! Ginny is doing it with me so I am hoping we can keep each other accountable for staying on top of it!


So then I read....(on the same blog who got me into 365) about December Dailys. Yep, you guessed it, a scrapbook just on the happenings of this wonderful holiday month, same concept as the 365 one. Everything is on sale at Michael's so I picked up a cute 8x8 book and a bunch of holiday stickers to make this project come true! ;-) It would be a really neat thing to do every year, especially as the kids get older and want to help...until scrapbooking turns into not a cool thing for boys to do with their mom! HA! I start tomorrow...wonder what my picture will be all about?? :)

The only drawback of all this is, will I complete it?? I have MANY unfinished craft projects/endeavors but always seem to find something else to do. This does seem PRETTY easy so I am hoping that I can stick with it.

Check in on me and see how I am doing and feel free to join in on the project too, we can discuss it as we go! :)

4 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome!! already tonight when we got the tree up Mia and Jacob went over to a bowl of my decorative ornaments and started putting them on the tree without me even telling them too, they knew exactly what to do!! I'm on board for the december book..off to Michaels tomorrow!!
    ..and I think its a gemini thing..I'm super crafty but cant seem to finish a project...hmmm could it be our birthday..hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like fun! I'll see if I can hit Michael's tonight. My problem is actually printing the pictures. I take a ton of pictures but never get them printed. It's laziness, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I encourage you to stick with it, Lisa. This is something that your boys will have forever. Think how special it will be for you to show it to Zach and Mark's children one day and say "this was your daddy when he was your age". You have my support!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank u :-) take a look this emo boy one on this blog:
    http://emo--boys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html