Sunday, April 26, 2009

what a weekend!

No plans for tomorrow, guess we will be winging it!  All in all we had a good weekend although the first part of Saturday was not so pleasant.  Zach is usually a pretty good sleeper despite his random night cries.  Usually he goes down easily and then sleeps until 7am when his internal alarm clock goes off.  Well Friday/Saturday was not the case.  I was in there every couple of hours and he was just not happy.  No fever, no poops, no pukes, no nothing, not sure what the problem was!  We got through it and hoped it was just a bad night.  Unfortunately the unhappiness continued during the day!  We did Tylenol, called the doc to which were basically told there would be nothing they could do.  I was figuring it was either teeth or ears but no drainage and nurse said there would be if ear infection since he has tubes.  Got some oragel in his mouth finally and seemed to be better! But an hour or so later, back to the uncontrollable inconsolable crying!  We were thinking of calling in a Catholic priest for an exorcism since he was rolling around like a crazy man!!  So finally after some tears of my own about what to do during the latest fit, I grabbed a blanket and swaddled him like a giant burrito and rocked him until he finally cried himself to sleep.  I couldn't put him down either or he would wake up so I caved too and we both napped from about 2 to 4pm!  It was much needed for us both and he woke up HAPPY!!!  Perhaps the teeth cut through during the nap.  


We missed the beginning of Julia's birthday party but packed up and headed over late anyway!  It was a lot of fun and the Labbe's had the backyard filled with beach balls which of course Z LOVED!  Zach also showed his part-Cajun roots by enjoying some sausage and potato from the crawfish boil!  Don't worry, it wasn't too spicy.  He tried some of mine and then wouldn't stop...and since he is such a strange eater, figured I may as well let him eat if he wanted to!  We got to have some fun romper room time with all the babies bathing and playing in their jammies upstairs too.  Julia opened her presents and we got to ooh and ahh.  I made her a tutu and I think it turned out really well!  Hopefully she enjoys it too!  I snagged a pic off Becky's smugmug so will have to post sometime soon.  Anyway, it was a good time and I was glad Z was feeling better that we got to go, even if late.

Today I peeked in Z's mouth and definitely some new teeth in there. Poor kiddo.  We had a good day of just chilling and playing.  Much needed after the crazy Saturday!  We played outside, at the park, all over the house, and with Popsie and Grandma who stopped by too!  He has decided he is into brushing his teeth too.  Several times today he would go into his bathroom, climb up on his stool and brush his teeth!  Finally had to take the toothbrush away!! 

Anyway, this is a very random post.  Glad my baby boy is feeling better.  Hoping we have a good day tomorrow, need to figure out what to do!  I think it supposed to rain again so may just be headed to the library!  Hope everyone else had a nice weekend too! 

1 comment:

  1. Teething is a NIGHTMARE! I can't believe how long it lasts, and how horrible it must be for them. I've found that Motrin works a heck of a lot better than Tylenol... sometimes we can even get some sleep at night. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html