Monday, April 6, 2009

Mommy & Me Monday

Our first Monday together was great!  We had a full day and I loved it! Zach and I headed to the Baby Story time at the library (thanks for the suggestion, Rox!)!  It was at the library at one of the local community colleges and I have to admit I felt a little weird pushing a baby stroller through campus!  The children's section of the library was great though.  Tons of books. Computers. Tables with puzzles and a table full of crayons and paper!!  We hung out and scribbled while we waited for story time to begin.  Then there is a special room just for that!  It was really fun and free!  The class was for 6 mo-2 yr olds so Zach was right in the middle. We sang, danced, listened to a couple of short books and just got to be silly!  At the end, they pulled out the tunnels and Z LOVED those!  Oh my goodness, the kid was laughing like crazy and just having a grand old time. (note to self, buy tunnels!!)  It was so cute!  After class ended we played with the puzzles and chatted with some of the other mommies.  Zach found a Spanish Elmo book that we almost had to check out but I distracted him with a puzzle and put it up!  Then it was time to be heading home for a nap! (during which mommy did a much needed sweep and mop session!)

Z took a good nap and then we headed to meet Popsie and Grandma for some lunch at Willie's.  We visited them for awhile and since we were in the area, stopped by Meyer Park to see the geese and run around!  The geese were a little to greedy for me....we were tossing them goldfish and I started having visions of Hitchcock's The Birds....so we ran away and left them honking at us!  The playground was great though.  They had one just for pre-schoolers so nothing was too tall or dangerous.  It had some tunnels and slides that Zach just loved.  We will definitely be going back.  Zach spotted some older boys playing football and kept running up towards them to play with the "baw", poor kid just doesn't get that he is only 1 year old!  

We made a quick stop at St. Ignatius to visit their Legacy Garden and to see Rachel's paver and a little moment of prayer.  I had been wanting to see it and this felt like a good time.

Zach sacked out on the way home, guess all that running around wore him out!

All and all it was a great day and I look forward to many more to come!  Work sounded like there were some issues today so hopefully can get it sorted out and next Monday will be better!



4 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! I'm so happy for you guys. Thanks for posting the picture of the paver. Miss that girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day!!! You sure fit in a lot, I'm impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was a blast! Oh Zoe loves the tunnels too. We actually bought her that for Christmas this last year. It is for sure a purchase you need to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I JUST NOW discovered your blog! How have I been missing it all this time? I'm adding you to my list so that I won't miss an update. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html