Tuesday, December 4, 2007

THANK YOU!!!!

So the shower was a huge delight! I had such a wonderful time and received so many fabulous things, my only wish was that I had more time to visit with all my friends who were there and that I would have taken more pictures!!! There were so many gifts, I was truly overwhelmed by the generosity of my friends and family. Matt's mom Donna came in for the weekend and stayed with us. She gave us so many neat things, many of which were actually Matt's as a baby. Family heirlooms they will become! My Aunt Peggy also come in from Longview...she is a labor & delivery nurse and will be our doula if the timing works out. And a surprise appearance by Grammy and Aunt Jan in from Dallas was more than I could have asked for. My Grammy is 93 years old and last I heard she wasn't going to be able to come into town. But thanks to Aunt Jan and Uncle Jeff, they drove her in so she could be there. What a gift!


I loved all my gifts but there were some favorites of course that were special to me. Lots of personalized goodies such as burp clothes, linens, frames, onesies (especially my giraffe onesie from Auntie Sue), a fabulous already made scrapbook from Auntie Kelly for Zach's first year, a big hippo stuffed animal from Auntie Gin, a cool plane from cousin Sarah, Children's Book Treasury from Aunt Jan, the giraffe rocking and stick horse from my mom, and Bert & Ernie dolls from Claude...just to name a few! And of course all the other essentials and goodies I received!!

My hostesses also asked that each guest bring a children's book. I am a huge reader and lover of all things related to reading and literature and this was such an awesome gift. Zach now has about 50+ books for his library! Many people added inscriptions inside them either about why they chose the book or just a note to Zach and sometimes me, I will treasure them always! That evening after the hustle and bustle had ended and I finally had some alone time...I snuck back into the nursery and went through each and every book. Reading the inscriptions, reminiscing about reading these stories as a child, and dreaming and imagining about reading them all to Zach through the years!

It was a fantastic day and thank you to all my "sisters" for making it happen! You are my best friends and I am grateful to each and every one of you! And if you have any pics, please forward to me!! Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html