Sunday, December 16, 2007

Class, party, shopping...oh my!

So we had a really good weekend! Got a lot of things accomplished and fun along the way too!

Friday night we just chilled at home and finally watched "Knocked Up". While I wouldn't say it was anywhere near as funny as "40 Year Old Virgin", it was a good flick all and all. We laughed at some of the pregnant moments and pointed out a bunch of stuff that was just dumb. And I found some parts like the guys going on the "shroom fest" in Vegas to just be plain stupid and unnecessary part of the story. But anyway, all and all it was a funny flick. Oh, and I cried when she had the baby. It was so odd! It's not an emotional flick at all, but man, when she had that final push and out came her baby girl, the water works just started! I looked over at Matt and I think he had a tear in the eye too ;-) I guess its a sign of things to come!

On to Saturday........we had our childbirth class! It was an all day class at the Motherhood Center and it was really good. Learned about the basic process of labor and delivery, as well as some relaxation techniques and explanation of all the major different meds and interventions. I think armed with all the knowledge, Matt and I will be informed enough to make decisions on what we do and don't want if we have any kind of choice. I really liked the birthing ball (which basically is a yoga ball) and we went ahead and bought one of those. We learned some techniques to soothe Zach on the ball too. The best part of the class is that I actually feel a little less apprehensive about labor now. I know it's not going to be easy, but that I can do it! I think I've decided I want to take the breast-feeding class they offer too. I chatted with a woman who had taken it and she thought it was a good class. So we will see if I can fit that in too before Zach arrives!

Saturday night we went to the annual Sherertz Christmas party. It was great to see some old friends and visit with everyone. Seeing Miranda and Peyton was wonderful too. Peyton is such a cutie! I'm glad we were able to attend this year!

Today is the 3rd Sunday of the month so we were greeters at church. Such a simple task but we both actually enjoy it. The older folks love seeing us "kids"! ;-) We had a really great sermon today too on Angels. Dr Steve talked about how we need to remember that angels are among us always, both at the good times (like at our Savior's birth, Luke 2:8-14) and times of despair (Jesus praying in the Garden of Gethsemane before his death, an angel appeared and "strengthened him"). Of course I cannot even begin to share the message the way Dr Steve did, but the sermon was so good I thought about getting it on tape! It made me think a lot about our angel, Rachel! It hit more too because on the car ride to church, Matt was telling me about his dream last night...we were in the waiting room for a doctor's appointment for Zach, and Rachel showed up! I think she was checking in on us! Angels are among us, that I know is true!

And to end the day....shopping! I think I have almost every on, Now to get things mailed off!

All in all it was a really good weekend. I have a super busy but fun week ahead of me though! Tomorrow night is my dinner with Duke girls (minus Erika...move back to Houston, heffer!) Tuesday night is Eggnog and Sushi with some good friends. Wednesday is my work dinner with the all the schedulers at the Rainbow Lodge (yum!). And Thursday is Christmas Book club! WHEW! I am tired and full already! HA! I am off work Wednesday and Thursday which will be nice though. I have a Dr appt Wednesday (32 weeks!) and Thursday Matt is off too and we may get massages and do some car shopping.

Hope you all are enjoying the holiday season so far. I myself am trying to remain as unstressed as possible and to focus on the reason for the season....which is Jesus and the gift of Life that is given to us through His birth! With the end of the year coming too, I am concentrating on reflecting on the blessings I have encountered this year...most of which is centered around the upcoming birth of our son, Zachary. I am amazed but the sheer joy I feel when thinking about him and just how blessed we are to be receiving this MIRACLE in a few short weeks. And all though I am not a huge complainer and doing my best to enjoy every moment....in the words of Erma Bombeck, "Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle." That's my goal for now and I am thankful every day to be assisting in this miracle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html