Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The End of the Sleep Sack

It all started with Julia Joy's 1st birthday party...we stayed over late and since Z crashed in the car, I decided not to try to wriggle him into the sack when we got home. Oddly enough, no peeps through the night. I attributed it to the late pajama party he had. The next night, I decided to try again....no peeps until almost time to wake up. Curious! Could it be the sack or coincidence?

So the next night I continued my experiment with him BACK in the sleep sack....and lo and behold, heard him several times in through the night! I did a couple more nights of on and off....and surely enough.......the nights off he slept better and the nights in the sack....the night wakings!! Apparently Zach does NOT share my love of the sleep sack anymore!

I guess I have 2 Large cotton sleep sacks if anyone wants them! ;-)

5 comments:

  1. That's interesting that he sleeps better without it! I've tried similar experiments (e.g. if he slept well in certain jammies or with his room a certain temp, I would repeat) but unfortunately I can't find the key to having a good night in our house.

    Would you consider sending the sacks to Seattle? ;) (Try saying that 5 times fast!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha!! wonder if he is tangled or hot??? I am about to try and get rid of the passi...dangerous territory ahead!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. C- I would totally send them to Seattle! I have 2 fleece and 2 cotton and he definitely will not be wearing them since apparently he does not like them!

    Ooooh rox, you are brave! I think Zach's head would spin around exorcist style if I took the paci. We are getting much better about it during the day, but we are just not "there" yet for not at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what it is about my kids, but none of them were difficult to ween of the paci and almost did it themselves. In fact, George is almost done with his except occasionally to get to sleep. Isn't it funny how those kids dislike some of the things we think are the greatest?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah - alex spit it out at 6 months - just like the books said he might...and was done. Julia has mostly only had it at night from the beginning. I just think it might be easier now than in 6 months or so. I think I'll take that away while she still has the bottle. Then take the bottle away around 14 months. poor baby girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html