Monday, April 21, 2008

A roll! And other Z Man updates...

It was only one, but hey, it was exciting! Z man was doing some tummy time and then started leaning and next thing he was on his back! He looked very proud of himself too! We will see if it happens again, but for today, that was pretty cool! :)

He is also in Size 2 Swaddlers now and a mix of 0-3 and 3-6 clothes. We ran out of size 1 diapers and thankfully had some Size 2s someone gave me at a shower and they fit! Maybe a little big still but seeing as he is almost 12lbs anyway, they are pretty darn close. And for the clothes, it all depends on the brand but definitely out of the newborns...

Zachary is also a flirt! The smile thing is definitely catching on. Although hard for me to capture on camera, it is not hard for him do when the flashing is not in his face! We had a trip to the post office today for stamps (which by the way are going up 1 cent on May 12th) and he was smiling and cooing for the lady in front and behind me. They thought he was rather handsome. And yesterday when we were out on our walk, he was smiling for one of our neighbors. He knows how to work it!

HE SLEEPS THROUGH THE NIGHT! We have been pretty consistent since almost like week 3 on about 4-5 hours...and then have been on about 6 hours for the last few weeks...but over the weekend we have started to get closer to 8!! He is still like an alarm clock and wakes up at 6am practically on the dot for breakfast, but he is starting to drop that last feeding. It started on Friday night when he ate around 930 or 10pm and then crashed out. When we went upstairs around midnight he was still asleep and since it was the weekend, I figured I would just let him sleep and if he woke up at 4am or whatever, it wouldn't bother Matt. But sure enough, 6am came and he had not woken up until then. Go Z!

We are also napping in the crib now, especially for the morning nap. I want him to be used to his crib when I move him in there...and I don't think I will have a problem at all. I lay him down a little but after that first morning feeding and he lays and kicks and watches his mobile...and then drifts away!

He is just doing so great and of course I am very proud. I am not one of those moms that knows when babies are supposed to do this and that by, but I think he is doing a great job on all that he is doing! :)

4 comments:

  1. everything sounds like it is going great!!! i dream of the day when paige sleeps all night. i miss my sleep for sure, but she is worth it! keep up the zach updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo!! You are doing great! And go Zach rolling and sleeping through the night, he's waaaay ahead of where the twinnies were at that stage!!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is doing great!!! And yahoo on the sleeping. That's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay zach! ever since jude found out he could roll over onto his back he won't stop! i put him down for tummy time and he just rolls over... he hates being on his tummy!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html