Monday, April 14, 2008

Home Again...Home Again!

WOW, what a weekend! It was busy but tons of fun and lots of exciting things happened...namely my cousin Lec getting engaged, meeting Miss Paige, and Julia Joy arriving into the world!

So I should have taken a picture of the car, it was loaded down...but probably still had room for more. Ended up just being Matt, Zach, Esther and me, mom took her own car with Maddie. We decided 2 dogs would just put us over the max capacity for sure. Esther and Zach were great travellers, I think both slept almost the whole time. We had one feeding on the way and have decided Zach's car time limit is about 4 hours so it was just about perfect. Heading to Abilene should be a little more interesting here in a couple of weeks but we can do it. Zach also did well sleeping in his pack n play and napping too. He took one nap in it upstairs by himself and was good until he woke up...now that's a cry like one I had never heard before....I think it went something like this..."where the H*LL am I?" Poor baby! And he wanted to be hanging out with the family. Next nap time we just reclined the stroller and he slept like a champ there.

Saturday afternoon we went to the Hawkinsons to meet Paige. Jack & Ash were there too so it was nice to visit with them as well! Paige is gorgeous and slept like an angel the whole time we were there. I cant get over her blonde hair even though I knew she would be. Those Swedish genes are strong! I think she looks a lot like Jeff but it could just be the hair color. Looking forward to seeing her in a few weeks and how she has changed! It was so good to see Ginny and Jeff with Paige. It was fun having Ginny pregnant with me as we could compare symptoms and pains, etc so now I am having fun comparing new mommy things! :)

Saturday evening was the engagement party for Lec & Ricky. Lec proposed Saturday early evening and then brought her back to the house. He had flown her parents in from Kansas City for the festivities too which was a great surprise to see her face when she saw them. The ring is gorgeous and the happy couple was glowing. Looking forward to the wedding!

And early Saturday morning back in Houston, the Labbes welcomed Julia into the world. Rox had a great labor and delivery and is feeling good. I got to go see them all at the hospital today and she is a cutie!


So all in all, a great and exciting weekend. Esther and Zach both crashed when we got home last night. Too funny.

Last but not least, my baby boy is NINE weeks old today. Friday was his 2 month birthday. Wow, I cannot get over how time is flying and how big he is getting. We have his 2 month check up tomorrow and I will be sure to report all his new stats!




2 comments:

  1. looks like you had a busy but fun weekend!! i love looking at all your pictures :)
    enjoy your monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it is like baby CRAZY down there in Texas!!!!

    Love the pics, I can't believe Zach is 9 weeks already!

    Good luck at the pedi, my advice, take the tylenyol with you and give it to him right before the shots, and then every 4 hours for the next 24!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html