Monday, April 7, 2008

Good weekend....

We had a great and busy weekend. Friday night we had dinner with my parents at Pappadeaux which is quickly becoming one of Z's favorite places to dine! We never have to wait for a table, its loud enough to be where IF he fusses it wont bother too many people and quiet enough where its not bothering him, and oh yeah, they have the best banana pudding ever!


Saturday was Allison's 30th Karaoke Birthday Bash at Spotlight Karaoke. We had our own private room so we didn't have to compete with people for singing time. Basically they had like a giant MP3 player where we could go search for artists, song titles, etc and then the singing was ON! It was a lot of fun, especially because we like to SING! And, for the first time in I cannot REMEMBER how long, all 10 book club ladies and their spouses were there! AND WE DIDN'T TAKE A PICTURE! Oh well, another time. Allison looked fabulous and thank you to Justin for putting on a great bash. It was definitely a good first real night out away from baby! And on that note, thank you to my parents for watching the Z Man and for mom staying the night. It was a much needed night out.

And then Sunday was my God-daughter, Katie's baptism! I was so honored when Katie and Becky asked me to play this special role in Katie's life. I have been on this journey with her mom for a long time and through many prayers and tears and hugs, here we both are now with our little miracles! I promise to always be there for Katie girl and to help guide her in her faith along the way. The ceremony was beautiful. And the after party was great too. It was such a nice day out and all the babies napped and ate and played together. So sweet to watch!

Proud Parents Andy & Becky
Me and my precious Godchild, Katie!!
Babies in their play clothes at the lunch!

So all in all a wonderful weekend. We were definitely tired today though, Z and I slept on and off. Tomorrow we will be more productive! :) Friday we are heading out to Dallas for our 1st big trip!! Imagine this...Matt, Me, Z, Esther, and maybe Grandma and Maddie! It will truly be a test of the car. Zach is excited to meet cousins Sarah and Lec....and of course his newest friend Paige! It will be another fun and busy weekend and we cant wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html