Thursday, April 3, 2008

Oh what a day!

Today....what a day! Started off with Z waking up earlier than normal. He woke up about 4am but I was able to rock him and give him paci and he was back to sleep....but by 515 he was stirring and sucking so I knew it was time to eat, even if I was still sleepy! So he nursed, got a new diaper, and snoozed again. And at 7, was ready to eat again! This time we both went back to sleep after that feeding. The phone rang at 10am about another showing, they wanted to come from 12:30 to 1:30 and I said yes. This was much better than the 15 minutes notice I got yesterday (to which they said the downstairs was too small, whatever.) So anyway, things were looking okay in the house so I was actually calm and thinking this morning may not be too bad. Z and I chilled and played, ate again, and into the swing he want for his nap. Well, 12 o'clock came and it was time for me to finish picking up the house and getting Z and E ready to get out the door....and Zach decided this was a great time to SCREAM!!!!! And here is where the fun got even better!

Zach is still crying at 12:25 as I am getting him in the stroller to walk out to the park with Esther. I open the front door and the neighbors are out and a bunch of construction looking men. It appears we are getting a telephone pole installed in our courtyard?!? Great time for a showing... Well the neighbor goes to get the HOA lady and discuss if this is allowed...I hurriedly got to the park (we will probably get a letter for Esther being in the park!). Anyway, so there are like 4 giant power and construction trucks hanging out by the curb and a giant drill! And then I see the realtor walk up. I am surprised they actually went in! Zach was finally chilling with the aid of a bottle and Esther is being perfect of course and laying in the grass and I was reading "BABYWISE" :) I decided to stay in the park till 1:30 since everyone was calm anyway. Around that time I see the realtor actually walking out...so they were there awhile. Maybe that is good?? I walk back home and as I'm walking up to my front door, the giant power pole is across the threshold! The dudes actually had to PICK up the stroller to get Z across. Great selling point for when those people left! ;)

Anyway, it was quite an interesting few hours. Amazingly Zach is still asleep, even through the giant drilling that was going on outside too. Curious to see the comments from this showing!


2 comments:

  1. oh my!! what a day! i can't believe they are putting that pole up in the middle of the courtyard!! did you ever hear from that lady who went to talk to HOA?
    Hopefully you will get some nice comments (and possible buyer) for your house. I know how much you want to be near family and friends ;)
    love you.
    when do you leave for dallas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it ended up on the SIDE of the courtyard...so its not bad at all. But you can imagine with a 40 foot pole coming through the courtyard how we were a little panicked! :-o

    Not this weekend, but next weekend. This weekend we will be in town for Al's birthday and Katie's baptism!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html