Thursday, July 26, 2007

A little visit!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of going to visit the little princess Katie! What a treat...I popped over at just the right time! Mom and dad were both home so I got to visit them AND Miss Katie was awake AND I got to feed her! Becky is pumping so they alternate between mom and the bottle for feedings. Seems to be a pretty cool plan so dad gets to do some feedings too. She was showing off for me by not fussing or anything while I was there, just looking cute!

I do marvel at the natural intuition that takes over moms! While Becky decided Katie needed burping or cuddling or what not, I asked, "How did you know that?" I think she said "you just do" or something to that nature... But will I? At like Jr High age, I was babysitting a newborn and an elementary aged siblings. I guess since I haven't really been around babies besides the recent year with Alex and Jackson being born.....I feel maybe I lost my touch? And even when Alex and Jack arrived...I guess I didn't ponder this thought as much since I wasn't pregnant yet. But will I know "just what to do"? Mom told me yesterday that she plans to take off a couple of weeks when LLBean arrives and I think I am looking forward to having an "experienced veteran" around. If nothing else to say, "that's normal", "you are doing a good job", or "here, let me change the diaper"! I am looking forward to the latter the most. Mom said Dad needs a few shifts too...back in the Northwoods days...my dad worked every Sunday in the church nursery. They called him the baby charmer because he could get any baby to calm down. Days dad wasn't in the nursery he was definitely missed!

So I digress.....back to the point. Katie and Becky are doing great. Becky is recovering well and Katie has her first check-up on Friday. Holding that little bundle of joy definitely makes me excited about our growing family! Andy was quite cute to watch as well and is totally smitten. I can't wait to see Matt like that too, he is going to make a great daddy!

10 comments:

  1. Katie is a perfect little angel! We got a little visit in as well, and it was the highlight of my week, I have been looking forward to visiting Becky and Katie for a long time now, and it finally came true. She is truely a blessing.

    I can't wait to come and visit you and LLBean in a few months, too! Your second trimester will be a blast, and it will go by quick - congratulations on making it to this very exciting stage! You will be a great mother, and I know this because you just have that mother hen personality, you have been making sure that all of your girlfriends are taken care of for how many years?? Come on, you will be a natural, and having grandma there will not hurt a bit! Love you and thanks for sharing your blog, I look forward to reading it and seeing LLBean's first mug on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roxy! You and Ashley make it look easy...I guess its just a minor freakout, I waited a long time to get preggo and now I just wonder will I be good at it!

    Can't wait to have you over visiting too...it is going to be fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to tell you how I excited I am for you. I have kept you in my prayers and can't wait to go through this journey with you. You have been a wonderful friend and will be an exceptional mother. I can't wait to meet LLBean! She/he will be such a blessing to our (extended) family.
    I am such a lucky auntie already to alex, jackson, and katie. I can't wait to add LLBean to the group!
    With Love and Blessings,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to try and keep JP is alive- that is my only goal. Hopefully I have some of that "instinct" to help. I think its every first Mom's fear....

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha! jenny, you are going to do great! i think i am going to start a pool on who delivers first...you or melissa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. where is the boy or girl poll??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will send it out next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are going to be a GREAT mother! It's the best job in the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A bit of advice: ask lots of questions, but trust your own instincts! Just like it says in Proverbs, "Take counsel from many, but listen to few". Advice from others helps a lot, but YOU are the one who will best understand your little one. It took me a long time to develop confidence in myself as a mother; I think it's normal :) Roxy is right - you are totally cut out for the job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally understand how you feel about that motherly instinct and will I have it?? Every once in awhile (seems to be more frequent as time passes these days) I have these little freak-outs, questioning if I am going to be able to do this! Luckily we have our moms and our experienced aunties to help us out!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html