Thursday, May 19, 2011

My mom, my best friend

On Tuesday, my mom had another birthday.  She is 30 years older than me, and might I say, looks pretty darn good!  She was actually part of my motivation to go back to ww (we joined together last year....she stuck with it and did awesome....and here I am trying again).

But anyway, that's a very little part about mom, but I am just so proud and impressed by that so I thought I would throw it out there.  I hope when I am in my 60s...I look and act as young as my mom does!

So, besides all that, what makes my mom so cool?  Well, she truly is my best friend first of all.  Besides a short stint my senior year in high school (that she so kindly never reminds me about), it has always been that way as long as I can remember.  We call each other every day.  We have a lot of the same interests.  I know I can talk to her about anything and that she always loves and supports me no matter what, and that means the world to me.

She is very involved in our lives, but only because we want her to be.  She never makes me feel pressured to do this or that with my parents, but we do because we truly have fun when we are all together.  And of course the boys L.O.V.E. their Grammy (Z actually woke up crying Wednesday morning after seeing that she wasn't here!).  She is just a great mom, mother-in-law, and grandma.  She is self-less and does so much to help us out, we are so thankful to have her nearby....and always without a complaint. What would we do without her??

I aspire to be the kind of mom and wife that I have seen my mom be through the years.  She is just such an amazing woman and I am so proud to call her my mom.













Happy Birthday, Mom!  We love you and are so blessed to have you in our lives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html