Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!! 2010, here we come!

Another year past, can you believe it? Time just seems to pass so much faster the older we get. For a lot of people, 2009 was not the best year, and we have been touched by that as well with Matt losing his job. But for us, all of that was overshadowed by the wonderful arrival of Mister Mark Wendell into our world! What a blessing he is and I can't imagine our family without him, our little family of four!!


My big baby boy will be 2 in about 6 weeks. Can you believe it, TWO?! That's like a real little boy, no more baby. Weird to think we will be potty training this year and continuing to expand his vocab and all the new things he will do as a two year old! We will probably be doing a Thomas birthday party for him, he does love his trains. I better get on that, it will be here before we know it.

2010 also means my maternity leave is nearing an end. BOO. I am thankful for my job and enjoy the work most of the time, but I am definitely going to miss being home with my boys. Through all the challenges, they still bring me immense joy and lots of laughter!

I had a lot more to say, profound stuff too I am sure, but I am pooped and ready for bed. We had a rockin NYE at our house and I did not get near enough sleep. My mom was so kind to watch sweet Mark so I could enjoy myself a little more, but I didn't take full advantage of that and stayed up too late. Thankfully Zach took and unprecedented 4 hour nap so I was able to clean up the tornado in our house and still get in a 2 hour nap. Woohoo!

Hope you all had a great time ringing in the new decade and I am excited to see what 2010 brings for all my friends and family! My wish list includes a job for Matt and a diet for me and a VACATION for both of us! I hope we are successful at all 3. Whats on your list of to-dos??




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html