Saturday, January 30, 2010

Books are Always Better Than Movies

Just watched My Sister's Keeper while Matt was watching Aggie basketball. I couldn't go when it came out and the book club ladies went and saw it so I have been looking forward to it being on rental. Ugh, so disappointed. What makes the book SO great is the ENDING and the movie is totally different. The book is one of my all time faves, but the change in the end was just too much. Anyone else see the movie and totally disappointed??


Matt and I agreed we think the only books that translated into really good movies were the Lord of the Rings series. What do you think?

Speaking of books, just finished March's book club selection of Day After Night by Anita Diamant (wrote the Red Tent). It was really good!! Got to a point where I just had to finish it, no matter when I went to bed. Love books like that! Now reading The Year of Fog. It is good but a little Lovely Bones-esque. Not always good things to read before bed....

Any good book recommendations out there? I have The Art of Racing in the Rain waiting for me on my Nook but first I need to get through some actual books I have had on my shelf for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html