Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

Today Matt and I have been cleaning fools.  It was overdue but with our busy schedules and active boy, sometimes it hard to find time to do things you don't want to do!  Zach had kind of an off night sleep.  He went to bed a little earlier than usual last night but not enough to warrant stirring around 430!  He was up all the way at 6 so I went up to his room and found him standing in his crib.  But with mommy love in the comfy chair, we both went back to sleep for another hour and a half.  I love that chair!!


Today was daddy's morning so when Z woke back up at 730 we headed to get Dad on duty!  We had plans for church but Zach decided otherwise.  He was rather cranky and we decided that after the day we had yesterday, he could probably use a morning at home.  (We had a GREAT time at Cooper's birthday party yesterday! his mom had cool crafts  and activities for us to do AND they have a SUPER play room and Zach enjoyed playing with Coopie's toys and friends!! however...we did not have a good drive home.  Cooper lives on the other side of town and what is usually a 50ish minute drive.....thanks to construction became an hour and forty + minute drive.  Not fun with an impatient daddy but luckily Zach slept the whole time!) So anyway, when the boy started to get tired cranky today around 10am we decided to sit this Sunday out.  Sure enough Zach was asleep by 11 for a 2 hour nap!  And during that time we CLEANED!!  Good times.  

Only in Houston is it 30 degrees like 2 days ago and a gorgeous 70 degrees today.  We had the ice cream truck go down the street twice today.  IN February!  Craziness!  only hoping this great weather will maybe stick around for Zach's birthday party next Saturday!  I think we are going to take one more quick break outside at the park before the Superbowl fun begins!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Bean's version of an off night (two nights ago): Down at 7, up at 10 pm, up at midnight, up at 2:20 am, up at 4:30 am, and up for the day at 5:45 am. Yep, I wanted to die.

    To answer your questions from my blog: I will be on Suze Orman on March 7th. I swear the producer told me the first week of January, but when I emailed her after that show, she said it was actually the first week of March. Long wait!

    For the food, I just keep trying various things. He eats VERY slowly, so after like 15 minutes and 5 tiny bites of food (the rest of it in the dog's tummy or squished all over the tray), we go to the puree so at least he gets something. But I've been saving some of dinner each night and giving him the leftovers the next day (because DH and I eat after him). I've also made mini bowtie pasta with butter. DH made him pancakes this morning. I just keep reminding myself: One day he's going to eat me out of house and home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had an off night too....Mia woke up again in puke at 10:30pm while mommy was having a blast filing away all of 2008 bills, papers etc (daddy was watching UFC) so off to bed Mia went with us...which makes for a long night..not for her but for us!!
    we headed to church anyways because they love toddler room now and I think that they are all napping in the family room 'watching' superbowl :)
    Oh and its been 80 degrees here all week...what is this??

    (oh and I would hire a cleaning lady just to change their sheets in their cribs...I hate doing that its such a pain!!)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html