Friday, February 13, 2009

ALL CLEAR!!!

FINALLY...no ear infection!  Praise the Lord!  After 3 months of going to the doctor every two weeks and trying every form of antibiotic, ear drops, and getting tubes....we are healthy!!  Zach passed his right hearing test but the left one was inconclusive.  Since he obviously isn't old enough to wear the headphones and raise his right or left hand when you hear the noise, they do this other test where they plug this thing in his ear and we have to be very quiet and still.  The boy didn't do too good with the two aforementioned things.  SO, he didn't pass that part and we will be back in a month and a half to be re-tested.  But I'll take a month and a half over 2 weeks any day.  The doc said there was no scar tissue or any reason why the left hearing wouldn't be okay so he didn't seem too concerned but we will re-test just in case.  I cannot tell you how happy I am to have a healthy boy!  And if we have any signs of drainage of nose or ears, we just start the drops and should clear up!  Yippee!


On a v-day note, sweet hubby sent me some flowers to work and made me an appointment for a spa pedi in the late afternoon tomorrow.  He had plans for a more elaborate spa day but that will be a rain check for another day and I will totally ENJOY my much needed pedi!!

We also had the neighbor gal, C, come over tonight to meet the Z Man.  My mom will be in Dallas on Sunday to be with Grammy so we were sitter-less for bible study. I finally bit the bullet and called to inquire if she was still interested.  She has a 2 year old step brother who she has watched since he was like an infant so I think he will be in good hands.  She seemed real sweet so hopefully Zach will be sweet back so she will sit for us again!!!  BTW, any one know what the going rate is for 13 year old babysitters???

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for good ears!!! What a relief, you've been through enough. I hope the re-test goes well.

    We were just discussing babysitting rates in preschool the other day. The general feeling was minimum wage, or just above. Here in Washington, that would be about $8.50/hr. That being said, I made $10/hr in high school in the 1990s and $12/hr in college.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really great news!!

    I pay $10 for 1 kid and 12-15 when she has both of my kids. If Zach will be asleep most of the time, $10 is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be so nice that you don't have to worry about the ears anymore.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html