Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Shopping

So I needed something to wear to the wedding on Saturday....and while out I needed some work clothes too. People, I look like a lady that had a baby 8 months ago and hasn't bought new clothes since WAY before Zach was conceived. There was always some excuse to not buy stuff, or I would rather, once Zach was born, buy stuff for him!! So the work wardrobe has been definitely suffering. Well today I decided to look. One nice surprise, some new better sizes fit so that was cool. But the main thing was, when I put on a new "outfit", I realized how crummy my other clothes looked. Just, like...I didn't really care, ya know? SO I am actually excited to get dressed tomorrow for work! And I have hair appointment tomorrow afternoon too so by Friday, i shall look like a new woman!! :-) Working in a professional setting, it is somewhat important to look the part too. So after a long personal shopping hiatus, I bought clothes. And it felt GOOD. I am excited to get dressed in the (very early) morning. Oh yeah, and I have a MUCH NEEDED hair appointment tomorrow too. With Danny's wedding and Kari's shower, I think I may be have some pictures taken and it would be nice to not look totally fugly! And next week is the great NKOTB girls weekend so I need fresh hair for that too. :) So anyway, by Friday, I shall look partially human again!

Well, the new hours are taking a toll on me so I shall call it a night. many more on recent observsations from a suburb mom to come!!!'Night night!

2 comments:

  1. i am with you on all fronts. remember my post where jeff told me i needed to go on a makeover show? my own husband giving telling it to me straight! unfortunately, i ran out of time before i could get a hair appt, so i will be rocking the split ends and partially grown out bangs. and oh yeah, all the gray hair i have now. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting new clothes, but only when it isn't a pain to find a size that will fit me. I hate postnatal shopping (by the way, in my opinion, postnatal never ends once you've had a baby).

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html