Monday, October 3, 2011

Rocktober

Well September has come and gone and here we are...already days in to October!

My 30 day challenge went pretty good.  I made 24 out of 30 days.  Not too shabby.  More than I was exercising before for sure!  I hope to keep the 5 days a week up!

I ran my first "official" 5k on Saturday for the Race for the Cure (and raised $750 so far...it's not too late to donate!).  It was crazy running with that many people...but I did it!!  Not sure exactly what my time was.  We were in the middle of the pack so we started out several minutes after the timer started.  The clock showed 35 minutes when I crossed but my cardio trainer I started when I actually crossed showed  the starting line showed 3.6 miles (dont know why it would be longer either?!?!) in 32 minutes.  I ran the first mile in 9:27, 2nd-9:48 and 3rd-9:29.  Still the fastest I have ever run....but that ends up being like 30 minutes.  So who knows.  I am guessing the 30-32 minutes is right.  Anyway, I am pleased and it was fun.  Looking forward to doing it again...and soon!  Time to find another race! :)

So, now into October we go and I have got to rock it.  The holiday season is already among us (birthday parties, pumpkin patch, Mark's 2nd birthday, Fall Festivals, Halloween) and I know I need to stay strong somehow to reach my goal.  I am really going to concentrate on tracking EVERYTHING and sticking to my workouts.  A co-worker is going to get me on a strength training program as well so we shall see how that goes too.  Hoping this week's weigh in is better than last...

What are you going to do to Rock October??

1 comment:

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html