Monday, October 31, 2011

5 years

It has been 5 years since I last heard my friend Rachel's voice.  She called me on my way home from work and we chatted briefly as I was headed out to pass out candy at a friend's house.  I hardly remember what we talked about but I know we laughed and said I love you as we always did.  So lucky to have had a girlfriend who was more like a sister...(and thankful to have many others like that too, so blessed).  The next day, I got the worst call ever that she was gone.  And now here it is, 5 years later.  Seems like just yesterday and forever ago all at the same time.

I always think about Rachel, not a day goes by without some little thought.  But today on my way home from work, I passed a funeral procession...and cried.  I miss my friend so very much.

So tomorrow on All Saint's Day, I will remember as I always do....my funny, loving, amazing sisterfriend, Rachel.  And praying peace and comfort for her parents, who undoubtably miss her in a million different ways than I do.  I am thankful for faith that I know Rachel is in Heaven, but it will forever be one of things that I will never understand why it had to happen.


2 comments:

  1. That is such an amazing picture of her. Evie and I were going through old pictures the other day and found the one where she was there helping pick out my wedding dress (with another good friend *wink wink*). Brought tears to my eyes. She was a so awesome in so many ways. Love you. Hugs to you on this day and tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html