Sunday, March 20, 2011

My amazing Grammy passed away on Thursday....I am so glad I was able to go see her a couple of weeks ago even if she wasn't really awake while we were with her.  She lived 96 full years....3 children, 6 grandchildren, and 7 great grandchildren with one more on the way!  I think what has comforted me the most is knowing that she is with my grandfather again.  He passed away almost 50 years ago, they were only married about 15 years and she never re-married.  In my mind's eye picture of Heaven, I have a vision of the grandfather I never met standing at the front of the line with his arms wide open to welcome his beautiful wife Home....Oh the joy she must have felt to be with him and of course in the comfort and peaceful arms of our Heavenly Father, I can only imagine!!

The boys and I are headed up to the Big D on our own tomorrow and Matt will meet us up there late Monday.  Praying they sleep most of the drive tomorrow since I will be on my own!

Grammy was the last living grandparent I had and definitely the matriarch of our family and there will be a hole without her.  Everyone called her Grammy, even if she wasn't their own!

We will be singing one of my all time favorite hymns at her funeral (one of two I want sung at my own some day far far away...On Eagle's Wings is the other)



Rest in peace, grammy...you will be missed but I know I will see you again one day!!

2 comments:

  1. I love both of thoses songs! I too want thoses songs played at my funeral a long time from now. I will be thinking of you. I feel as if our grandmothers died the same way. I remember Jack making me go see her when I was so sick. I will never forget that day. I think she knew it was her time. She was 95, and she lived a long life. I am sure your grandmother is up sharing all her wonderful memories of you with everyone. You are a special person, and I am sure she is letting everyone know. Good luck with the drive. Call us if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of love to you all today. Thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html