Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cry it out....

UGH, we have reached the season where my sweet little wee one is becoming a bit of a stinker! In his defense, he has gotten 2 teeth this month and had a double ear infection when we went in for his 9 month check up....but man, I am not used to this from him!


The last 3 nights in a row, he has been up during the middle of the night. Of course I am the one who gets him cause my hubby is a "light sleeper" and doesn't even hear him. (Obviously Matt isn't really a light sleeper....its just our joke cause for years he said he was one, until he had kids and never hears them in the night!) Love ya, honey! ;-)

Anyhoo.....so yeah, the last 3 nights have been a little unpleasant seeing as I have to be up at 5:30am to work the next day! And the other new thing is bed time. Before, we would do our bed time routine...bath, watch George with brother, book, prayers, bottle bed. I would lay him down, he would roll over and go to sleep. NOW, I lay him down, he rolls over, and promptly stands up and cries at the edge of crib for Mommy!! I keep telling myself maybe its just the ears or the teeth, but I am not so sure. So I am trying to do the old C.I.O. method but i give in and go back in but am holding strong at not picking him up out of the crib (and THAT is tough to do when he is so sweet looking!), just pat the back and shush.

Guess time will tell if this is a thing from here on out or just for now! Fingers crossed for the latter!

In the meantime, I am counting down the days till our beach vacation, we head out on Monday for a week at the beach and I CAN.NOT.WAIT! Now if I can just get through today and tomorrow!! :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiny E has been doing that for a while. He used to go right to sleep as soon as I laid him down. Now he is so dramatic! I noticed at my aunt's house that when I was making noise in the bathroom next to him he was super loud. Then when he couldn't hear me after I walked down the hall he was quiet. Every once in a while he would let out an extra loud cry again, I think in hopes that I would come back. Maybe they have mastered the art of manipulation ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html