Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!!

Wow, I don't know about you but I cannot believe that it is 2-0-1-1?!?   REALLY??   My goodness time is just flying by!  We spent the night ringing in the new year with about 20 of my closest friends at a little local bar singing karaoke!  It was rather fun and I cannot even tell you the last time we have all been out together sans kiddos except for maybe our annual beach trip over Memorial weekend?  Wow, we have GOT to get out more!  ;-)  And I cannot say it enough but thanks as always to my parents for watching the boys, we are so lucky!

The boys slept at my parents' house and mark slept like a champ from about 8:30pm-9am...poor Z on the other hand was scared of the fireworks.  This is a new thing!  Just last week he was scared of the thunder one day and that has never happened before either.  Anyway, we spent New Year's day with my folks relaxing and dining on beef tenderloin and black eyed peas!  Lots of luck for 2011!

Well one of my goals for the new year is to BLOG more!  With working full time and 2 little boys, I often forget to sit down and write down what's going on!  I also want to be more aware and take more pictures!!  In looking at my pics the other night I realized there will be weeks with no pics sometimes and the boys can change so much so quickly.  And on that note, I need to make a 2010 book.  Something with pics to showcase and not have thousands of pictures just on my computer.  I remember growing up and looking through our photo albums and I LOVED that!

I also got a silhouette machine AND a sewing machine for Christmas.  I have rather lofty plans for making use of them and have several projects in my head...not to getting actually made!

The last goal is to DE-CLUTTER!  I started over the weekend.  Cleaned out my closet. Cleaned out some random basket on our dresser.  Cleaned out my nightstand.  So much stuff, lots of it just old and worn or not needed.  Must not be that important of a piece of paper if its been buried in my nightstand for 2 years, right?  We have a long way to go, but I will get it all done!

What about you? Any goals that you have made for 2011?  Besides the regular losing weight etc which is always on the list...

Guess I better get the Christmas tree down next! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html