Monday, December 27, 2010

We wish you a Merry Christmas....

and a Happy New Year!  Figured I better get that happy new year part in now since I am late on the whole Christmas wishes!!

Christmas has come and gone in a flash and I miss it already!  I noticed I didn't take near enough pictures, definitely need to work on that!  I get so into everything that I forget to stop and snap some pics!  We had a fun and busy Christmas as I am sure anyone with young children does.  Matt's mom arrived Christmas Eve and it was so nice to spend the holiday with her again!  My mom was getting over stomach bug so we headed on to Christmas eve service without my parents.  We went to the 6 o'clock family service and it was quite a hoot to see the kiddos in action for the service.  Matt and I chuckled imagining Zach and Mark being shepherds and farm animals in a few years!  They were sweet to see but I do miss the traditional midnight service.  One day we will do that again but for now I shall enjoy the sweet hearts of the children.  We still close with Silent Night which gets me every time.  Such a beautiful song and always one of my favorite parts of Christmas is singing it in the candlelight.  We headed home and enjoyed a yummy dinner of enchiladas!!  My dad was able to join us for that and I was happy for that!  The boys went to bed pretty easily and then it was off to work as Santa's Elves! :)

All Zachary has been asking for the whole month was "a football helmet with a star on it", and seeing his little face at the top of the stairs and exclaiming "wake up everybody, Santa was here!"was surely one of the highlights of the day.  He definitely "got" Christmas this year and that has been so fun.  He was really good about passing out presents, sharing toys with brother and loved trying out everything he opened.  We all enjoyed seeing the boys in action!!  My mom and dad were there at like 730 so they could see all the action and my brother and sister in law came over in the afternoon for lunch too.  All in all, it was a great day!

Matt's mom headed home Sunday and Matt's dad and step mom came to visit today to see the boys and do presents and lunch so we have had a full weekend!!  unfortunately I have to head back to work tomorrow....why didn't I take this week off??  UGH!

Some of my favorite gifts I received were my sewing machine from my parents (more on that later), an AWESOME shutterfly book my Aunt Ginna made of the boys from this past year, a book charm from Matt for my bracelet and a cool cupcake carrier from Manda!

Anyway, I vow to myself to do better on the updating in the new year.  It's probably going to be a busy week at work with this cold weather all over the country so may not see many posts....but I will try!  We are tossing around the idea of doing a kids free NYE if we can find sitters.  Its been several years since we have done that so that could be fun if we can swing it!

Hope you and your families had a very blessed Christmas and looking forward to a new year!!






2 comments:

  1. Love the bath pics.

    Chuck and I are going to be in town for NYE, so let me know if there is anything fun going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time and yeah...why didn't you take this week off.

    Ok so why is work going to be busy with it being cold out? I was lost on the that one, but not quite sure what you do. HEE HEE.

    Merry Christmas friend and happy new year to you and the family.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html