Wednesday, November 12, 2008

9 months...

Can you believe it? Nine months ALREADY? Where does the time go. I was going to post last night but didn't feel like getting on the computer. Attempted to take some pics in the hippo chair but little man would NOT sit still. Definitely have a new found appreciation and awe for professional photographers. Speaking of...we had ours done this past Saturday with Mackenzie! I have been obsessively checking to see if the previews are there yet even though she told me at least a week. She is so good with the kiddos which is why I guess so many people use her! I cannot wait to see them.

Anyway, Z Man is doing well. Still working on this whole solids business. Trying to introduce some "real" foods without much luck. Last night I gave him a biter biscuit to gnaw on while I was feeding him. The child must have something else to hold and chew on during feeding or else it doesn't happen. (oddly enough, daycare has never mentioned him being a difficult eater so it must just be with me). I digress...So those biscuits get VERY soggy and it started to break off into little pieces as he was chewing on it. As soon as chunks were in his mouth he starts screaming like he has a mouth full of rocks! I try to allow him to actually chew and swallow some but he hates it. He does on the other hand love to drink out of a cup. Not a sippy cup, but like really drink out of a cup. I think its cute, even if he spills. And we will just keep working on the foods, I know he will eat them eventually!

My fav part of the evening is still bath time cause he just loves it so darn much. Now that we are standing....as soon as we walk into the bathroom I can hardly get his clothes and diaper off as he crawls over to the tub, stands up, and tries to climb in! I must get a picture of it cause it is funny. He continually makes me just smile and I love every minute of it. I sometimes forget what life was even like without him!

On a totally different note...I must share my most recent observation that Matteo and I discussed last night. Since we have moved into the new house, we now have a more open kitchen/living room. The first meal we had there we ate at the kitchen table and now have been ever since. We used to be couch eaters...you know, make dinner, eat on the TV tray on the couch, etc. I am sure some of you will respond that you already do this...blah blah blah, you are far better than I...but for those of you that don't, I suggest you try it one night. It is amazing how much better dinner can be! We actually have time to enjoy dinner, converse about the day and what all is going on. Now, our DVR may be suffering cause its at max capacity since we aren't watching as much, but I will take that any day for the time spent with just me and Matt after Zach is asleep.

Happy hump day! Today is my Friday so I am excited about that!! WOOHOO!

2 comments:

  1. No way Zach CAN NOT be 9 months old! You are right, what has happened to our babies????

    Get ready for this next phase of mobility, much harder to snap a picture!

    And Drew was sensitive to different food textures too, I finally had luck with bananas, once he mastered those we moved onto cheerios and harder stuff.

    And you are right, isn't table eating great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food troubles sound just like ours. He's gotta eat food at SOME point, right??

    Unfortunately, we are not so lucky with bathtime. Unless I put him in his baby bath (which he is rapidly outgrowing), he screams like a banshee.

    Not the most flexible child, I have.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html