Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday Stories

It was the first weekend in what seems like weeks that we didn't have any events to attend.  Plan was to get our final long runs in before the Half Marathon next Sunday on Saturday, but the very rainy day decided to interfere with that.  Instead we took down Christmas and I took the boys to the bounce house.  All in all a nice day but not what we intended!

So that left today to catch up. Training with 2 adults and kids it is hard to find the time.  I ended up skipping church so I could run first due to work timing (back to being on call on the weekends).  I am slow, but I did 11.2 miles today.  I have accepted that I will be walking some of the race, but I think I will definitely finish!  We will see what happens.  I do like training for something, so tonight I spent some time looking for some 10ks that perhaps we could do.  Keeps me focused and always good to have a goal to work towards.  I never thought I would say this, but I like 5-6 mile runs.  Its not SO long that my legs feel like they may give out, but long enough to have to work at it too.  Now to get faster would be nice now too...

And I am officially back on ww.  I have a little less than 2 months until our Disney trip and I would really like to lose some weight.  My first weigh in will be Wednesday so we will see how I do.  Besides Saturday night, I think I am doing okay.  I am tracking my points no matter what.  It is a good eye opener to remember how much or little some things actually are and what exactly is going in my body!

Made some taco soup tonight and it was really filling and easy and about 8 points for ~1.5-2 cups.  Plenty of leftovers.  YUM!  Time to get back into the kitchen and get cooking more often.

Baby boy has his 4 month check up tomorrow....where has the time gone already??


Yep, slow, but done!  Hope I can make 2 more miles!!
 My lil cowboy

 Rooting on the Fightin Texas Aggies to Victory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html