Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy new year!

Hello! Anybody out there?? I can't believe it's been months since I have posted. The draw back of Facebook...harder to blog when you can so easily post and comment there.  That and having a baby and 2 other kiddos and work...well you get the picture!

But alas, I am still here and will be better about blogging in the new year! 2012 was a pretty great year for us with the arrival of sweet lukey, but I am thinking 2013 is going to be even better!

We will have some big milestones this year (zach will turn 5, I'll turn 35, zach will start kinder in the fall and Luke will turn 1). Not to mention some fun adventures...Matt and I are running the half marathon in 2 weeks, we are going to Disneyworld in March and I'm sure some other fun along the way.

And I'm committed to getting back on the weight watchers wagon. I gained close to 50lbs with Luke. Have lost half and have about 25lbs to lose to get back to the goal weight I worked so hard to reach last year. Matt and I are both going to try to be healthier this year.

And do you read Beth Moore's blog? She's a really great Christian writer/speaker if you don't and her blog is linked on my sidebar. She is starting her scripture memory for the year this week and I am going to do that too. 24 verses of your choice to memorize in 2013. I'd love you to join me too!

My first verse is from proverbs 3:5-6:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.


I can't wait to see what God has in store for us this year. Besides the regular resolutions of weight loss, exercise, saving...I want to be more THANKFUL this year...and to extend GRACE more often to my family, friends and even myself.


So that's what's new with me. What about you?! Any new years resolutions or big plans for 2013? 

Heres to making 2013 amazing!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html