Friday, January 20, 2012

january happenings

Wow, it has really been a long time since we have caught up here, hasn't it people??  I guess since the holidays, we have been on auto-pilot and just trying to get back into the swing of things. 

The biggest adventure we have had since the new year is Matt completed his first 1/2 Marathon last Sunday!  It was so exciting and I was so very proud of him.  He completed the race in  2 hrs 18 min which was under his goal so that was awesome too.  My parents were kind enough to watch the boys Saturday night so I could go watch the race.  He needed to be checked in by 6am so too early for the littles to be with me.  I got caught up in the excitement and signed up for the 5K when we were picking up Matt's packet. 

It actually worked out really well since it started 30 minutes after the marathon and half marathon...I was able to run, eat my free breakfast, and then head out back to the course so I could see my honey finish the race!  I had a great spot about 1/4 mile from the finish and it was so fun to see matt closing in on the finish line.  I think I gave him that extra boost! :)  He looked really strong at the end and said he felt like he could have even gone a little longer!  So very proud of him! 

He has caught the racing bug now and wants to continue...and I want to do it now too...so we will be entering the 2012 1/2 marathon lottery as a pair!  I hope we get picked!  And as a nice surprise, our friends the Agnews even showed up to congratulate matt.  He was definitely suprised to see them too and I know it meant a lot to see them there at the end as well.

Other than that, not too much to report.  I am trying still to get back into the swing of things exercise-wise.  Taking a break at the holidays has proved difficult to get back going.  That is going to be my goal for next week. I completed the 5k in about 34 minutes still so after 2 weeks of not running at all, I felt good with that.  But...I know it is good for me, so must get back into a routine!

Hope 2012 is treating you all well so far! 

1 comment:

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html