Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Awake before the sun comes up!

Not sure whats going on with the Z Man.....but he is turning into a VERY early riser! Which can make for a tired mommy & daddy! ;-) This morning I overslept and awoke to a happy little boy stumbling into our bed at 6am. While I was sad for poor Matt to be dealing with this early start, it was nice to see his smiley little face in the morning. He did not want to climb in bed or go back to his bed, he wanted Mommy. So I obliged and he sat with me in the bathroom while I showered and did my hair, happy as a clam! I was very worried we were going to have a scene when I was leaving so I just kept reminding that "mommy is going to go bye-bye and go to work and zachary and daddy are going to have breakfast!" Thankfully, that seemed to work and he gave me a hug and told me "byebye" when I headed out the door. There was a little face staring at me through the door as I backed out of the drive way....but I am hoping there were no tears.

What time do your kids wake up and any tips on having them sleep later, or stay in their room? ;-) I am actually okay with Zach coming down on his own as he wakes up MUCH happier these days, but i sure would prefer it to be sometime after 7am!! :)

7 comments:

  1. Awww, too cute. . . .is it getting lighter earlier there, that always accounts for the twinnies early wakeups. The good thing is that daylight savings time is in a few weeks which will make that 6 a 7 again. We've had luck with room darkening shades, but Drew is still sometimes an early riser, he just knows that he has to lay either in his bed or mine (usually mine lol) until its officially time to wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sweet. Based on yesterday's post, I clearly have no tips for getting my kids to sleep on any sort of schedule. Let me know if you come up with a solution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish...Cooper pretty consistently gets up at 5:30. It doesn't matter what time he goes to bed...he always gets up early. If it is before 5:30, I do put him back in his bed and tell him it is not morning yet. It works for about 30 minutes to an hour...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now Bean is still in his crib, so it isn't an issue. He does wake up early, but he's usually content to talk to his stuffed animals for a while. But we are switching to a big boy bed very soon, and I'll be asking you this same question. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No tips....yet, but I'll take everyone's advice! ;-) Here's to many sleepy mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We delt with that all weekend. After reading Theresa's post yesterday, I just wonder if something is going on in the air! I know it is a strecth, but we had an 8'O Clock riser. Not this past weekend. It sucked. Any how, I wish I knew the answer. When someone finds out, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa! I stopped by to say thanks for following me! Woo hoo!

    It's so hard when your kids want to be up early and you don't. Argh! As soon as they learned their numbers, we taught them "seven zero zero"--don't come out of your room until you see those numbers in that order on your clock! It really worked. But you might have a couple of years to wait on that one. Not sure.

    Thanks again for coming by!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html